For a period yesterday evening Marvin server was offline due to a cyber attack on a clients website.
We have successfully isolated the website being attacked and all services are back online as normal.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.
We have now updated the phone number for our sales and support line.
If you have any queries and need to contact us, please use our new sales and support phone number:
AGL-Host Support team.
We appear to be having issue with a router which is causing some packet loss when connecting to Marvin server.
Please be rest assured that we are working to resolve this ASAP.
On Saturday 30th Oct we will be moving the following servers into a new rack:
We expect the downtime for each server to be no more than 20 minutes. Apologies for any inconveniences caused.
On Sunday 3rd Oct at 12am – our network provider will be performing maintenance on their core router.
This is expected to take around 15-20 minutes. During this time the following servers will be offline:
In our quest for world domination, we are very pleased to announce that our new server (Magneto) arrived at the data centre today and has been successfully installed.
Magneto will soon be running additional shared cPanel hosting. Magneto will be running under the alias of skynet. Fitted with two large 1TB HDD’s this new box will soon be ready to power some of your services.
To help spread the load, we will be moving several clients from Marvin server onto this new box. Marvin is starting to run out of HDD space, so this increase will help give everyone more room to grow.
Magneto is currently having cPanel installed on the system as we speak. Watch this space for updates!
We have currently experiencing network issues which are affecting multiple servers:
We are working to resolve this issue ASAP. At the moment we have no ETA on this issue. Updates will follow shortly.
We have an engineer onsite now. We are hoping to resolve the issue within the next 30 minutes. Apologies for any problems caused.
We have now resolved this issue. Apologies for any issues caused.
Over the next few weeks we will be adding a new server to the AGL Host family. At the moment our new box is currently sitting in our office while we wait for the PSU to be shipped from Germany.
The new server will act as a shared Linux cPanel server. Once our PSU arrives, we will be installing the operating system then shipping the box up to the datacentre. The new server will provide plenty of storage space for new services – with 2x 1TB Samsung HDD’s.
Watch this space for updates.
If you are a web designer you will most likely have a requirement to provide web hosting for your clients. If this is the case, our reseller hosting plans may be perfect you you.
With our reseller hosting you have complete control bundled with great AGL Host support. You can instantly setup and run as many web hosting accounts as you like. Each hosting account comes with the easy to use cPanel control panel, webmail and unlimited amount of MYSQL databases.
We will also provide the Web Host Manager control panel for you which will enable you to view and manage all your web hosting accounts – track HDD usage, monitor bandwidth. In addition to this you can create your own custom hosting plans for your clients to suite their needs – for exmple, if one client required more storage space than another. With the AGL Host reseller hosting you will have complete control over your clients and accounts.
All Reseller Hosting comes with Unlimited AGL Host Tech support
You may be a great web designer but don’t have experience at running your own web hosting platform. Not a problem, all of our reseller plans include unlimited UK office based tech support. Either pickup the phone and give us a call or use our fast online help.
Web hosting for web designers – whats the cost?
Our reseller web hosting starts from only £19 per month with storage space of upto 100GB of data. We will not sting for you any hidden costs, each plan includes unlimited bandwidth, unlimited hosting accounts, unlimited MYSQL databases, unlimited email accounts.
For more information please visit our web hosting for web designers page - or give us a call!
With your AGL Host web hosting account we include a great feature which lets you also use your hosting account as a secure online file server . Via web Disk you can drag a drop files to your web server as if it was an extra hard disk attached to your computer.
Web Disk Features
- Create a secure area to store and backup your valuable data.
- Connect your Web Disk to your computer and drag and drop files to it as if it was simply a folder on your pc
- Web Disk is a great alternative to using a USB flash drive. If you loose your flash drive, all your data is gone. With Web Disk your data is available to any computer connected to the internet
- Supports Mac, Windows and Linux computers
- Use Web Disk to replace your FTP program when adding files to your server. Use the familiar windows explorer interface rather than learning how to use a FTP program
How much does Web Disk Cost?
Nothing, we include this service free inside your cPanel account!
How to setup Web Disk
On your AGL Host cPanel account your Web Disk is already setup and ready to use, all you need to do is connect to it! To connect and start using your Web Disk, please complete the following:
- Login to your cPanel at www.yoursite.co.uk/cpanel
- Click on Web Disk
- A form will now appear at the top of the page, complete this to create a new Web Disk account. The directory field will require you to name a folder where you would like to store your data
- Once you have created your Web Disk account, a list of your accounts will appear at the bottom on the page, navigate to your desired Web Disk account and click on “Access Web Disk”
- You will then be asked to select the operating system on your computer
- Once you have selected your operating system, you will be automatically generated a secure connection file. This file will allow you to connect to your Web Disk. When prompted download the connection file.
- Open the connection file on your computer. Your computer will now automatically connect to your Web Disk, you may be asked to enter the your login information which you created in Step 3
Done. You can now access your Web Disk on your AGL Host cPanel server. A great secure place to store and backup your valuable data. If you plan to store a lot of data on your Web Disk, please contact us if you require more storage space.